Falkirk Asia Pacific Group
Falkirk Environmental Consultants Ltd. is an international consultancy providing advisory and ground services for the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. Our expertise includes environmental social impact assessments, risk assessment, health and safety; and corporate social responsibility. For nearly twenty years, the Falkirk team has helped companies navigate their projects through complex permitting processes, successfully moving them into their next phase of development. We think and act like owners. We know how to get things done.
The Falkirk Asia Pacific Group (FAPG) is our team based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Recent projects in Vietnam and Southeast Asia include:
- Hydropower and Mining Technical Assistance Project, Lao PDR/World Bank – Capacity building assistance to the Inspection Department, Ministry of Energy and Mines, Laos (2016).
- Kanbauk Tin-Tungsten Mine, Myanmar, Savitar Capital Ltd. – Environmental scoping study for a Canadian exploration company with mining and energy concessions in Myanmar (2016).
- Kunming – Hai Phong Transport Corridor for, Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC)/ADB – Resettlement support for the 264km Noi Bai/Lao Cai Highway Project, Vietnam (2016).
- Mong Duong Thermal Power Plant, AES/POSCO – External review audit as members of owner team to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines for an energy project in Vietnam (2016).
- Nghi Son Refinery Petroleum, Petrovietnam/Idemitsu Kosan/Mitsu Chemicals – Oversight and audit of resettlement/livelihoods restoration plan, community health and ESHIA support in Vietnam (2013 – 2016).
- Weda Bay Nickel Mine, Eramet. Corporate video production for communications of the mine development from construction through closure and reclamation to investors, regulators & local communities; over a 50+ year mine life on Halmahera Island, Indonesia (2014-2015).
- Sustainability Reporting, Masan Resources/PWC – Expert assistance in the preparation of Masan Resource’s Sustainability Report (2015).
- Hanoi – Lang Son Expressway Project (VEC)/ADB – Income restoration support, household interviews, focus groups and IRP reporting for an expressway project in Vietnam (2015).
- Canadian Institute for Extractive Industries Education Program, Trident Financial Ltd. – Marketing and communication plan for Canadian education initiative, China-ASEAN Mining Cooperation Forum Nanning China (2012).
- Co Dinh Chromite Project, Archipelago Resources PLC – ESHIA reporting including socio-environmental baseline monitoring, community health assessment, institutional analysis, training and capacity building and government relations for a mine in Thanh Hoa, Vietnam (2009-2011).
- Sa Pa Eco-tourism & NW Vietnam Eco-tourism Mapping, SNV Netherlands Development Organization – Design of Eco-tourism maps of the Sa Pa Valley & Northwestern Vietnam (8 Provinces) (2010).
- Sino-Vietnam Corridor Biodiversity Project, Fauna & Flora International – Development of public relations/communication animated motion graphics video with 3D maps in Vietnam (2010).
- Phan Ri-Phan Thiet Irrigation Project, JICA – Water resources management for Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam (2009).
- Environmental Impact Assessment for Song Bung 4 Hydropower Plant, ADB – Poverty reduction project for Northern Provinces of Vietnam (2009).
- Campaign for the Diversification of Private Enterprises, IFC/World Bank. Design of audio & video communications plan for public affairs, media relations and focus group interviews in Vietnam (2009-2009).
- Annual UK Education Exhibit, British Council – Communications and media plans for UK education exhibition in Vietnam (2007-2008).
- Nui Phao Tungsten Mine, Tiberon Minerals Ltd. – Socio-environmental Baseline Studies and ESIA Reporting and support for bankable feasibility studies, in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam; and recognized by the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) as a “Case Study for International Best Practices in Corporate Responsibility” (2001-2007).